The NH Community Federal Credit Union was chartered April 10, 1959 as the Claremont Steelworkers Credit Union, for the employees of Joy Manufacturing and their families.
In July 1960, our name was changed to Joy-Sullivan Federal Credit Union, to allow the employees of Sullivan Machine Company to join the credit union.
The next big change came on September 24, 1980, when our name was changed to Claremont Community Federal Credit Union, and the field of membership was opened to all citizens of Claremont (except the school and city workers, who had their own credit union).
On February 27, 1981, the Claremont Municipal Workers Federal Credit Union merged with the Claremont Community Federal Credit Union.
The charter was opened up to all who live or work in Sullivan County on June 24, 1988, and the name was changed to the NH Community Federal Credit Union.